Alright, let’s go back to the time where we all are preparing ourselves going for the driving license examination. I am pretty sure that most of you out there are no more like checking / adjusting this and that in your car before you start your engine or move.
We should always keep in mind that it is always better to be careful than sorry later on. It is the drivers’ responsibilities to keep the passengers safe till they reach destination. For example, it is very dangerous to adjust your back mirror while you are driving in the middle of the road, this should be done before you start driving.
We had listed a few of the important things that you should take note before you start to drive your car.
- A brief checking on the exterior of your car. Just a brief survey will do, to check whether all your tires are ok and ensure that they are not flat. Driving with your tyre flat may cost you much more later on where it will affect your rims.
- Check out on the lights on your Meter Board / Dash board. Depending on certain vehicle types, these light may indicate important issues for your car like engine oil, water tank, or overheated engine.
- Check Your Mirrors. The mirrors helps you to see what’s at the left , right and behind of your car while you are driving. You will need to adjust it so that you will have a clear view of the area behind your car and the full lane on both the sides.
- Seatbelt buckle up. Please….please… make this a habit even though your car doesn’t have the seatbelt beeping alarm. Make sure the rest of the passengers are buckled up too. Always be prepared for stuffs that might or might not happen, once it happened, it will be too late to regret.
- Keep the pedal area clear. What we meant here are water bottles, and especially for ladies handbags and high heels. Some of you out there loves to put them beneath your legs at the pedal area. It is very dangerous as there are cases of high heels or bottle got stuck at the brake pedal causing major accidents.
- Plan your destination route. Using the technology available now, you can track whether are there any traffic jams on the way to your destination and they may even calculate you the estimate time you can reach. This is to ensure that you can plan your time properly and not to rush while driving.
- Valid Documents. Ensure you bring along your Identification Card and Driving Licenses. Make sure your driving license are still valid. Check your car road tax whether it is expired. If you need any service for reminding, you may subscribe to us at our page here.
- Consciousness. Make sure your mental are at the tip top condition to drive. If you had took coughing or flu drugs that cause drowsiness, you may want to look for a driver.
Always remember the above few things before you start moving. If all the drivers follow the traffic rules and checked on the above steps before start driving, we are sure that there will be improvements in the rate of accidents here in Malaysia.
Life is precious, always care for yourself and others on the road.
Kem Yong Enterprise